One of my very favorite skincare lines is opening a store right here in Orlando!!!
KIEHL’S GRAND OPENING AT MALL OF MILLENIA, ORLANDO, FL
KIEHL’S Proud to Call ORLANDO Home
New York-based company brings personalized service to The Mall at Millenia
ORLANDO, FL, October 2012 — Kiehl’s Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care preparations, is delighted to open a retail store at The Mall at Millenia. Celebrating 161 years of service, Kiehl’s is proud to offer visitors to The Mall at Millenia and to Orlando, the opportunity to discover Kiehl’s efficacious skin, hair and body care products, personalized customer service, and 161-year-old heritage through the complete Kiehl’s experience.
“We are extremely excited to open this new store in Orlando,” said Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl’s USA. “There’s nothing Kiehl’s values more than our New York heritage, and each element of our new store, from the design of the fixtures to the historical photographs, mementos and Kiehl’s icons, is meant to help tell the full story of the unique company that began as an old-world apothecary at the corner of 13th Street and Third Avenue in New York’s East Village. We did everything possible to bring a modern version of our original store to Central Florida.”
Kiehl’s at The Mall at Millenia mirrors the unique ambiance found in the company’s original New York Flagship, which began as a neighborhood apothecary in 1851. The new store brings a modern New York apothecary to Orlando, referencing the company’s original East Village roots and blending vintage and antique apothecary fixtures with a modern neon flare. The interior design advances Kiehl’s longtime commitment to the environment – with the use of natural, sustainable materials and energy-efficient light fixtures, while enhancing the overall service experience for Kiehl’s patrons.
Kiehl’s at The Mall at Millenia continues the company’s commitment to superior customer service through its traditional practices:
Kiehl’s commitment to environmental responsibility and Recycle and Be Rewarded! Kiehl’s at The Mall at Millenia utilizes natural, sustainable materials and energy efficient light fixtures – and encourages patrons to recycle Kiehl’s packaging with a specially designed recycling bin, promoted through Kiehl’s Recycle and Be Rewarded! program. Recycle and Be Rewarded! offers customers the opportunity to return empty Kiehl’s jars, bottles and tubes to the store for recycling, in exchange for complimentary products.
- Kiehl’s commitment to education through attentive service is accentuated through a dedicated personal consultation area. The enhanced space provides an opportunity for customer representatives and patrons to converse privately about products best suited for the customer’s individual needs. A separate men’s destination offers specialized education tailored to the specific concerns of male patrons. All customers receive the kind of attentive service for which Kiehl’s is known around the world today.
- Simple, no-frills packaging allows Kiehl’s to formulate its products with high quantities of the most efficacious natural ingredients available.
- Custom gifting 365-days a year allows customers to create personalized gifts year-round. A Kiehl’s Customer Representative will help the customer assemble a personalized, custom gift box, choosing items based on recipient, theme, ingredient or price, from any and all products in the store.
- Generous sampling through Kiehl’s “try before you buy” program offers the complete Kiehl’s line of skin and hair care for men, women, children and babies with a generous offering of its traditional product samples. To assure its customers always find exactly what they need, Kiehl’s offers a 100% money back guarantee on all purchases, and guarantees that customers will see revitalized skin in 28 days or their money back.
The 575 sq. ft. retail space maintains Kiehl’s signature apothecary aesthetic and features:
Personal consultation table – a 6-ft table provides patrons a comfortable station for a full skincare consultation by a Kiehl’s Customer Representative to determine the formulas best suited for their personal needs.
- Men’s Destination and “Shave Bar” – an unintimidating space for specialized shaving and grooming education and demonstrations designed for men. A dedicated Kiehl’s Customer Representative will be on hand to offer quick, straightforward service and recommendations on the Kiehl’s products that are most tailored to men’s needs. Specially designed accents such as military-style lockers, black subway tile, and props to demonstrate the perfect shave, bring this relaxing stop to life for Kiehl’s male patrons.
- Carrera marble tables, counters and trim – provide a utilitarian, functional approach.
- Natural, sustainable materials, such as tabletops made from paperstone, a waterproof material made from 100 % post-consumer recycled paper.
- Energy-efficient LED lighting spotlights Kiehl’s products in an environmentally friendly way.
- Reclaimed wood floors and exposed brick walls evoke the old-world quality of Kiehl’s East Village neighborhood.
- Bronze and crystal chandelier is inspired by the crystal chandeliers that have adorned Kiehl’s flagship store in NYC for years.
- “Mr. Bones” – the teaching skeleton and Kiehl’s icon. Pharmacist and Kiehl’s founding family member Mr. Aaron Morse valued education for his employees and his customers. As he prescribed treatments for his customers, he would use a teaching skeleton nicknamed “Mr. Bones” to explain the uses of the suggested formulas.
- Kiehl’s signature motorcycle – a custom-painted motorcycle, an icon of Kiehl’s heritage, will be on permanent display, evocative of the passions and adventurous spirit of Kiehl’s founding family.
- Antique apothecary glassware and vintage props – reference the company’s early years as a neighborhood apothecary.
- Vintage photographs and mementos take customers on an exciting journey through Kiehl’s rich history.
- LCD video screens in windows digitally display product animations and Kiehl’s videos.
- Pop-art inspired graphics – the late Andy Warhol was a long-time Kiehl’s fan, purchasing Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion in bulk from the Flagship, and special graphics were created in his honor.
- Customized neon highlights Kiehl’s customer-favorite formulas and New York history.
- Mosaic tile entryway – creates a warm welcome to Kiehl’s, inspired by historic New York City entryways characteristic of old-world retail establishments.
About Kiehl’s Since 1851:
Kiehl’s was founded as an old-world apothecary in New York’s East Village neighborhood. After years as an ambitious apprentice, John Kiehl purchased the business and began operations under the Kiehl name, serving the burgeoning New York community with unique herbal remedies. In 1921, John Kiehl’s apprentice, Mr. Irving “Doc” Morse, purchased the business and expanded it to a full-service pharmacy, stocking medicines, tinctures, and the first Kiehl’s-branded products. Doc Morse, a pharmacist and herbologist, passed the business on to his son, Aaron, himself a chemist and avid motorcyclist and aviator. Aaron’s daughter, Jami, was raised at Kiehl’s amongst the “family” of employees, who together fostered a tradition of attentive, personalized service for every patron. Over the generations, the Morse family committed Kiehl’s to serving the community uniquely efficacious skin and hair formulations made with the finest natural ingredients in the apothecary tradition.
Kiehl’s unique, extensive background represents a blend of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal and medicinal knowledge developed and passed on through the generations. Over the years, longtime customer favorite formulations such as Musk Oil, Lip Balm #1, Creme de Corps, Ultra Facial Cream, Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion, and new formulas such as Rosa Arctica Youth Regenerating Cream, Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution have been created with uniquely efficacious, natural ingredients and the education and knowledge culled from generations of research and requests from our customers.
Kiehl’s Since 1851 opens October 2012 at The Mall at Millenia, 4200 Conroy Road, Orlando, FL. Store hours will be Monday through Saturday, 10 AM to 9PM; Sunday, 11 AM to 7 PM. For more information about the company, visit www.kiehls.com.
Kiehl’s was founded as an old-world apothecary in New York’s East Village neighborhood. Its unique, extensive background represents a blend of cosmetic, pharmaceutical, herbal, and medicinal knowledge developed and advanced through the generations. In addition to Kiehl’s freestanding stores nationwide, Kiehl’s products are available at www.Kiehls.com, by mail order at 1-800-KIEHLS-1 as well as through select specialty retailers worldwide.